Thursday, January 27, 2022

Discipleship

 “Defining the activity of “Discipling”: “The intentional training of disciples, with accountability, on the basis of loving relationships” Excerpt , The Disciple-Making Church by Bill Hull

I need to be intentional, making every effort to look for those who need encouragement, who want to learn, and who God is working in their heart. I need to develop an invitation and I must be approachable. An invitation to all must be welcoming and accessible. At the same time, it is God who is doing the work in a person’s life. Following Christ is not an individual solo walk, with no contact or influence on others.  I often wonder how God views my weak effort to disciple others  

“Every believer should be able to answer two questions. Who am I discipling? And who is discipling me? Every church should be able to answer two questions. Do we have a plan for making disciples? And is it working?” - Robby Gallaty, Growing Up: How to Be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...