Sunday, January 23, 2022

Rest

 Do you ever feel guilty when you try to rest?  Are you worried about what others might think of you, should you get ‘caught’ resting? Work demands, family commitments, the undone list at home, the growing need to do list - all amp up the pressure. I should be praying more, studying the Bible more, and I should get involved in more volunteer activities. Many of us have grown up with guilt that we never measure up to standards that keep changing for the perfect person. I’m learning that God is not a grouch demanding perfection. He is a loving, holy, Creator who is bringing all things to completion (with or without me). I’m learning to live on purpose, not trying to earn my respect and approval from our Father. My purpose is to enjoy the awe of His love and His presence, to make every effort to glorify Him, regardless of location, activity, or situation. His grace will provide and sustain. As Dallas Willard has said, Grace is not opposed to effort but it is opposed to earning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...