Monday, March 7, 2022

Andrew 14

 

Andrew had to be excited as he realized who Jesus was. His communication with his brother, Peter, must have been animated and convincing. One thought I’ve had from today’s reading is my own excitement about Jesus. Am I all that passionate and inspired? Am I on fire to follow Him? Do I really try to convince others to follow Jesus? Do I make every attempt to disciple others? Or am I much too passive and negligent?

“Many Christians also take a “passive trust” approach to seeking guidance and direction from the Lord. They think that knowing God’s will comes as God reveals his secret plan to them; then they will know what to do. But guidance is really a matter of obedient, active trust. I examine the options before me using the principles, themes, and perspectives of Scripture. Then, to the best of my knowledge and ability, I apply biblical wisdom and make a decision. My decision is not based on reading God’s mind, but on things he has clearly revealed in his Word. As I step forward, I entrust myself to the Lord, knowing that he rules over everything and will place me where he wants me. This is the biblical model of guidance. Too many people have their “Christian divining rods” out in hopes of discovering the secret will of God. Meanwhile, the Bible in their hands is unopened—the thing God has said will be a “lamp to their feet and a light to their path”!” - Paul David Tripp, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...