Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Everyday Opportunities 04

 How readily do I do what God prompts me to do? If I’m honest, I think I do more out of habit than being spontaneously ready. I’ve had experiences when the Spirit prompted me, and I did follow through resulting in great blessing, but how many times have I been indifferent or asleep! At the same time, I’m confident that God is using my consistent good habits but I want to be expectant and ready when God nudges me, shows me, and allows me to witness His work.


Today’s reference:  


Proverbs‬ ‭3:27-29‬ (‭MSG‬‬)

“Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person. Don’t tell your neighbor “Maybe some other time” or “Try me tomorrow” when the money’s right there in your pocket. Don’t figure ways of taking advantage of your neighbor when he’s sitting there trusting and unsuspecting.”


 God does not exist for my happiness, but I exist for his glory. And when I am glorifying God, I am also enjoying him. Worshiping God is the flourishing of ourselves and those around us. So it is only in communion with him that I find genuine satisfaction which can weather unhappy circumstances. I don’t naturally know this because I’m a sinner. Rather, I have to be confronted with God in his holiness and majesty, accept that I am the problem, and then flee to his mercy in his Son. And then he unites us also to each other as members of his body—gifts instead of threats. That is what Christians should be saying. Maybe I’m living on an island, but I just don’t hear enough of this” - Excerpt, Recovering Our Sanity by Michael Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 7 -10

 Seeing injustice and unfair treatment is easy to identify, especially among children. There eyes are very perceptive to what is fair and wh...