Sunday, March 20, 2022

Healing Thoughts

I minimize the power of the Holy Spirit by thinking that I’m more controlled by the environment, heredity and body chemistry. In trivialize the Spirit’s work even though I believe in being born again. But if I’m truly new, the power of the world forces matter less than the Spirit’s work. I’m caught in the here and now, I’m a broken world. The perfect has not come yet but I’m now primarily Spirit driven toward goals that have an eternal perspective. 


 “Sometimes we say, “God raised Jesus from the dead” or “God healed that person,” but it is striking how often in the New Testament we see that resurrections are attributed to the Spirit of God. It makes me wonder why more people are not saying, that the “Spirit raised Jesus” or the “Spirit healed” someone.

Here are a few examples:

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because  of his Spirit who lives in you.

It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.*12

When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.” Excerpt From Open to the Spirit by Scot McKnight


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...