Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Dangerous Prayers 5/19

 I’m learning that many of my prayers are half hearted at best, despite my anxiety. But if I now that my Father cares, what’s holding me back from praying boldly?  Perhaps it’s my focus and passion to surrender my will to Him deeply and fully. . Perhaps I’m too distracted with other goals that do not compare in weight or magnitude. Reading God’s Word, praying, praising Him, and searching for what He would have me do or say are daily exercises that bring great return. Neglecting them squelches my desire to listen to the Holy Spirit or the desire to honor Christ. Life becomes all about me without a desire to honor Him. Even doing good things without the right perspective can turn into a selfish rabbit trail. The need to exercise these godly habits is an everyday battle with new circumstances to work it all out. But He is faithful each and every day. I hope you sense this to be true throughout your life. 


A friend gave us the book Dangerous Prayers and I saw this devotional, and thought it might be worth doing with you. I agree that my prayers are too conservative and weak. Yet those times I’ve prayed more seriously, I can definitely see that God has made things happen. I continue to pray for you, Nolan. Your life in Christ is the miracle God is doing in you - answers to my praying for you. I’m humbled - love you, Nolan!


What if rather than avoiding brokenness we embraced it? Welcomed it? And even prayed for it? “God, break me.
Craig Groeschel, Dangerous Prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...