Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Jesus Our Redeemer 6/23

 Our redemption has been complete. We have been bought and paid in full from the slave market of sin, set free to live in Christ. I’m relearning this all the time as my core default is to think like a slave trader or slave victim in sin, trying to break free. But as I set my mind on the things above, rather than on the things of earth, I’m more resolved to experience His grace and mercy, not the frustration and disillusion of loving for my self made idols. Each day is a new choice to live in Christ. 

“Jesus takes away the sin of the world in general, yes, but He takes away your sin specifically. All of it. When you join Him at the table of your heart, you can offer up everything you’ve ever done that’s wrong or shortsighted or violent or sneaky or deceptive or bitter or mean-spirited or egotistical. You can offer everything, and He will take it. And you’ll be clean.” - Excerpt, At the Table with Jesus by Louie Giglio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...