Saturday, August 27, 2022

Liar 8/29

 This devotional reminds me of a book I recently read - Another Gospel. The author points out the importance of Christ being the central point of everything. If a teaching does not have Christ as the focus, the teaching is leading us away from Him. This is true in my own life as well - if I’m focusing on myself, for my own promotion, or if I think I’m not getting my fair share on whatever the issue, then I’m probably not focusing on Christ. 


“To follow Christ is to renounce all lesser loyalties … let me be more explicit about the forsaking which cannot be separated from the following of Jesus Christ!” -  John Stott, The Cross of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...