Sunday, September 11, 2022

Knowing Him, 10, 8/16

 The more you and I know the Bible, the more the Bible knows us. We are known by the Holy Spirit far more than we know ourselves and it is humbling to find out that He is infinite and beyond understanding. The Psalm 139 verse has a plea with these verbs:  Search me; know me: try me; and lead me. It’s as if the writer is challenging God to thoroughly examine and test him to make sure that he is following God - very humbling. I often want the status quo and nothing to rock my boat, but that is not in God’s Manuel for life. 


“The Christian’s motto should not be ‘Let go and let God’ but ‘Trust God and get going.” - J.I. Packer


“Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!” (Psalm 139:23-24).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...