Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Thanksgiving 11/27

 Grumbling and complaining are easy habit to develop and maintain. I fit the role of the elder brother in the parable of the two sons and the role of a Pharisee. I tend to think that I know better than most rather than surrender to the Holy Spirit’s leading in humility, I find it far too easy to dismiss the awe of God and the blessings of His Kingdom as I try to build an illusion of my own kingdom. 

There is tremendous relief in knowing His love to me is utterly realistic, based at every point on prior knowledge of the worst about me , so that no discovery can disillusion him about me , in the way I am so often disillusioned about myself, and quench his determination to bless me.
J.I. Packer, Knowing God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...