Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas 12/21

 

As a kid I thought  heistmas break would never arrive, let alone Christmas Eve.  But it seems that Christmas sneaks up on us like a rushing force of wind  my excitement is a bit different but I’m sure it does not compare to being told by an angel that the Christ child has arrives  yet we get a glimpse because of His presence in our lives  

Crowder’s new Christmas son is well worth the listen: “Thanks / Giver”


It's getting coldI'm driving homeOn interstate 3-0Mama's calling, "Where you at?"The turkey's almost doneI hang up the phone, tear in my eyeMoments like these I realizeGod You're so good to me
You make joy out of simple and ordinary thingsYou fill life up with stories I'd never think to dreamSo this holidayI wanna praiseThe One who's making a saintOut of this sinnerThe One who's turned me into this thanks giver
Just took the pumpkins off the porchThe wreath is on my doorThere's something sacred 'bout the timeOf year when You were bornThe Street's alive, it's Christmas againBut moments like these, hope I don't forgetGod You're so good to me
You make joy out of simple and ordinary thingsYou fill life up with stories I'd never think to dreamSo this holidayI wanna praiseThe One who's making a saintOut of this sinnerThe One who's turned me into this thanks giverOh oh oh oh yeah
Thank You for this life and all the joy that's in this heartFor when I get to hug my dad and punch my brother in the armThank You for the grace I know I'll never have to earnAll because You chose to come down here and save this crazy world
You make joy out of simple and ordinary thingsYou fill life up with stories I'd never think to dreamSo this holidayI wanna praiseThe One who's making a saintOut of this sinnerThe One who's turned me into this thanks giver
You're the reasonYou're the reasonWhy, the reason I'm a thanks giverYou're the reasonYou're the reasonWhy I'm a thanks giver

https://youtu.be/nxDKchUybN0

“The Advent season is a season of waiting, but our whole life is an Advent season, that is, a season of waiting for the last Advent, for the time when there will be a new heaven and a new earth.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, "God is in the Manger"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...