Thursday, December 29, 2022

Prevail 12/31

Ithe following statement in the reading hit me -“The gospel of Jesus Christ is more than a four-step prayer to secure our eternity. It’s the very power and the presence of God to radically change a life—from hell-bent to heaven destined; from lost to found; from blind to sighted…”. In the past I’ve tried to reduce my faith to an equation or formula. If I did certain things in my faith, then God would be gracious and provide an answer to prayer. My faith tended to be guilt induced, that I was t good enough or doing enough. But I’m slowly learning that God is faithful regardless of my attitude, but He wants me to fully lean on Him.

“Often we fear the most difficult experiences of life only to discover that these are the experiences that bring Jesus Christ closer to us.” - Greg Laurie, Getting through the Storms of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...