Monday, February 20, 2023

All In 16

 Being devoted to Christ cannot be motivated by guilt and shame, trying to do better, working harder at being devoted and committed. It’s resting in His love, soaking in what it means to be loved so intimately by our Father. He truly holds us in His hands, listening to us, watching out for us, yet allowing us to be tested so that we trust Him more. 

“There is a tendency to treat our relationship with Jesus like the diet we keep meaning to start. I’m going to start eating right, as soon as I finish off this chicken chimichanga. Tomorrow for sure. We treat our relationship with Jesus like the workout program we keep meaning to start. We go to bed telling ourselves, “Tomorrow I’m going to wake up early and exercise.” But the following night we find ourselves getting into bed promising, “Tomorrow for sure.” - Kyle Idleman, Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...