Sunday, February 19, 2023

Change 2/22

 It’s obvious that I often need to relearn the process of change in my heart. mist easy to get disappointed with myself and discouraged when I repeatedly try to make a change. Trying harder is ok, but it does not work over the long haul. Bitterness, resentment or anger are supposed to be eliminated but I often need to relearn the fact that God gives grace when I am weak. Realizing that forgiveness is a gift when I focus on how much He has forgiven me is the power needed to handle difficult people and repetitive conflicts. Trying to work up courage or stamina is rarely effective. I like the statements in the devotional: 

“Choosing to walk by the Spirit is not a one-time decision or event but an ongoing, habitual way of life. From this moment on, and every moment from now on, you can trust in and rely on God’s power, not your limited willpower!”


“God wants us to walk in obedience—not victory. Obedience is oriented toward God; victory is oriented toward self.” - Jerry Bridges, The Pursuit of Holiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...