Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hope 2/5”

 Many problems seem overwhelming with out any immediate solution. We have no control over the variables that contribute to a dilemma. One person’s decision can have profound impact on the rest of us, even we did not have a voice to their decision. But God’s message to Zephaniah was a strong compassionate voice, reassuring to many who were desperate for encouragement. We need that calm reassurance that He will work all circumstances out to His glory and honor. I’m reassured that I need to remain steadfast in His care, no matter the circumstances. 

I seek God daily because I need to. When I don’t meet God personally, thoughtfully, and humbly, I suffer the consequences. It’s analogous to forgetting to eat. I suffer because I am hungry, not because I feel guilty. “I’m hungry and I need to eat” is different from “I really should have eaten, and I failed again.” - David A. Powlison, How Does Sanctification Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...