Monday, February 6, 2023

Truth 2/8

 

A deep reflection on the truth presented in the Scriptures about who really am is humbling and shocking.  Any pretense about promoting myself to be someone I’m not can be broken down by the truth of my sinfulness and need to surrender all to our Savior.  The fact that my short life is like  withering blade of grass compared to eternity should 

Scripture took my life apart and put it back together new. The Spirit of sonship began the lifelong reorientation course called “making disciples.” The God of all comfort gave truth, love, and power. Christ exposed the pretensions of the systems and methods in which I had placed my trust. Even better, Jesus gave me himself to trust and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...