Friday, March 24, 2023

Hearing God 2

 Learning to listen for God’s voice seems to be a process of ‘always learning.’  That sounds weird, but His moving in our hearts is like the wind, shifting from a strong gust to a whisper. I’ve had times when I’ve been compelled to do or say a few words. I knew that if I didn’t follow through, I would be disobedient and negligent. Other times, I’ve felt compelled to show up yet keep quiet, with a wait and see attitude. Again, not showing up would be disobedient. Other times, I’ve felt like I was walking blindly into a dark room with evil surrounding me, as if a dark cloud hung over me for a long period of time. Those times seemed to be a test to trust my Father, despite the premonition of evil. Those times have been a heavy reliance on God’s Word for stability. I used to think all of this was nonsense, but no longer. If I’m to live by the Spirit as Romans 8 teaches, I need to be ready for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 286

 Have you ever felt like a stranger in a crowd of people you knew?  I’ve experienced those feelings more than once. Being a foreigner, an ex...