Saturday, March 11, 2023

Knowing Him 6

  I do not want to develop a hardened heart as many have. I don’t think one realizes how easy it is to let our sensitivity to the Spirit become calloused and  indifferent. When I think I’m right with all of my opinions and I only seek out information to verify how right I am, I lose my sense of sin and need for repentance. The trauma that Jesus endured on the cross should soften the harder of hearts as we consider His profound love for us. 

“What makes life worthwhile is having a big enough objective, something which catches our imagination and lays hold of our allegiance, and this the Christian has in a way that no other person has. For what higher, more exalted, and more compelling goal can there be than to know God?” - J.I. Packer, Knowing God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody Prayed by Crowder

  Every night there by your bed You fold your hands and bow your head Throwing out another prayer in faith When you're wondering if He&#...