Sunday, March 12, 2023

Renovation 5

 I’m going to be radical in my comments - but…I’m wondering if the American church has watered down the gospel far too much. Do we really believe that God will change our lives in a radical way?  Do we come along side new believers to disciple each person to be complete in Christ, overcoming the sin that has been ingrained in - either by personal choice or from the overlooked sin of an institution?  It seems that Christians in general do not want to stand out as radical in their faith, hope and love. We can think we have our ticket to heaven without demonstrating much change. We overlook the two greatest commands and we omit the great commission as priorities for each Christ follower. It’s the pastor’s job or the church professional that does all of the hard stuff. We can overlook racism, poverty, orphans, a whacked up foster care system, or entitlement by the privileged. I feel like I’m being negative, but Dallas Willard seemed to be all in for Jesus, teaching others to practice what Jesus taught and practiced. I’ve been reading David Platt’s new book “Don’t Hold Back” and I’m fired up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...