Friday, April 21, 2023

Disappointment vs Resentment

 How many times do I need to remind myself that hope does not rest in the things of this earth nor in people. Putting total trust in people can be dangerous because each person is fallible. Each of us will be accountable for everything we have said and done, and my over reaction to what I think is fair or unfair will come back to haunt me. God is good and He alone can be truly trusted. He will bring good out of the bad all for His glory. My job is to be faithful to Him, resting in His peace and presence. I can be resentful bitter and angry but those emotions counter any good that could be His working. My role is to deny these emotional reactions and follow Him, looking for His kingdom and His righteousness. 

Bob Goff says that our Father is looking for more than a mental agreement to the information. He wants us to do something with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...