Saturday, April 15, 2023

Hope 4/18

Despite the storm, Jesus calmed the wind. He commanded the climate to change. Despite the chaos around us and our lack of vision, Jesus knows what we are experiencing. He will provide the grace I need to be calm, at peace and full of hope, no matter what is ahead. I may not be able to handle all that could or will take place, but He can. I want to develop a rhythm of asking for His grace and wisdom, putting into place the practical steps trusting Him.

“Jesus did not live a calm life. He cared too much. Yet he was not a tense person. He was not irritable, anxious, or driven. But he was not detached, cool, or aloof, either. He was no stoic or Buddhist. He plunged into the storms of human sufferings and sins. He felt keenly. At his friend Lazarus’s tomb, in the presence of death and human woe, he both bristled with anger and wept with sorrow.” - David A. Powlison, Good and Angry: Redeeming Anger, Irritation, Complaining, and Bitterness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...