Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Making Disciples 4/13

Today’s reading is convicting to me. Where are my desires leading me? Are my thoughts and desires leading me to follow Jesus more closely and love others more sacrificially? Looking at most days, I’m self focused, hunkered down, not engaged in meaningful conversations that pursue Christ. I hope to get better with a non offensive approach but at the same time, finding the opportunities to converse with others can be difficult. Let’s pray that our Father makes it all happen, opening our eyes to His work in front of us.

“We email, Facebook, tweet and text with people who are going to spend eternity in either heaven or hell. Our lives are too short to waste on mere temporal conversations when massive eternal realities hang in the balance. Just as you and I have no guarantee that we will live through the day, the people around us are not guaranteed tomorrow either. So let's be intentional about sewing the threads of the gospel into the fabric of our conversations every day, knowing that it will not always be easy, yet believing that eternity will always be worth it.” - David Platt, Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...