Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Bitterness 6

I’ve told myself plenty of lies to justify my resentment and bitterness. I’ve stYed aloof from family members, imagining that they were part of the conspiracy to knock me down. I’ve been afraid to show any vulnerability much less reach out with any concern for them. But as I learn how much Jesus was hurt, tortured, and persecuted, yet had grace for impossible situations, I’ve concluded that I’m not alone. There is no human emotion that Jesus did not experience. He wants to transform the ugliness of me, to shape my heart and mind with His understanding of all my situations and issues. 

“God, listen to me shout, bend an ear to my prayer. When I’m far from anywhere, down to my last gasp, I call out, “Guide me up High Rock Mountain!”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭61‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭MSG‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...