Monday, May 8, 2023

Civility 05/11

 I’m guilty of thinking God is not listening to my requests, or that He has left me to figure my issues out. But the reality of God’s faithfulness and consistent presence has been proven repeatedly. I rarely have 20/20 vision to see clearly what God is doing. But my 20/20 hindsight has become much more clear as He brings people into my life and works through them. It’s humbling to consider how faithful He really is, despite the seeming chaos of current events. When we think life is falling apart, He is really bringing all things together to fulfill His agenda. 

“The good news of the kingdom is not freedom from hardship, suffering, and loss. It is the news of a Redeemer who has come to rescue me from myself. His rescue produces change that fundamentally alters my response to these inescapable realities. The Redeemer turns rebels into disciples, fools into humble listeners. He makes cripples walk again. In him we can face life and respond with faith, love, and hope. And as he changes us, he allows us to be a part of what he is doing in the lives of others. As you respond to the Redeemer’s work in your life, you can learn to be an instrument in his hands.” - Paul David Tripp, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...