Saturday, May 6, 2023

Civility 08

 I know that our Father is far more patient with me than I am of others. Yet I have a hard time translating His patience toward others who fall short of my expectations. I automatically think that they should know better but then stop and make the same conclusion about myself. I should know better than to get all riled up over such trivia. It’s not my role to be the judge and jury. Rather than drawing a quick judgment, I need to develop the habit and practice of praying  God only knows each detail.

“…get the words out. Feel free to stop and pray now. It’s okay if your mind wanders or your prayers get interrupted. Don’t be embarrassed by how needy your heart is and how much it needs to cry out for grace. Just start praying. Remember the point of Christianity isn’t to learn a lot of truths so you don’t need God anymore. We don’t learn God in the abstract. We are drawn into his life. Become like a little child—ask, believe,” - Paul E. Miller, A Praying Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...