Sunday, May 28, 2023

Eternity 5

  If I’m really honest, most of my thought time is about myself and the surrounding circumstances. My thinking time is not about seeing God in the present or the future. I like the statement in today’s reading - that when we experience God’s presence fully, it will seem like we never lived prior to that experience. I’m learning to give more thought time to Him, but I get distracted easily. One verse comes to mind:


We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, - 2 Corinthians 10:5


“Most of us find it very difficult to want “Heaven” at all—except in so far as “Heaven” means meeting again our friends who have died. One reason for this difficulty is that we have not been trained: our whole education tends to fix our minds on this world. Another reason is that when the real want for Heaven is present in us, we do not recognize it. (C. S. Lewis)” - Randy Alcorn, Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...