Monday, May 22, 2023

Transformed 3

 The Message version of today’s Scripture reference hit me hard. I’m not sure that I let the ugliness of someone’s comments or behavior being out the best in me. I’ve seen progress in myself but I sure have a long way to go. My temptation isn’t always to spite back but it may to keep my distance and stay aloof. My assertiveness with demonstrating love and concern needs a lot of improvement. I need to stop being on the defense about myself and focus on Christ’s character, listen to how the Holy Spirit wants me to apply Scripture. 

“Before we open our mouths, we ought to heed the advice of the missionary Amy Carmichael and ask: Is what I’m about to say kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?” - Alistair Begg, Truth for Life - Volume 1: 365 Daily Devotions


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...