Thursday, June 15, 2023

Proverbs 10-6/18

 The older I get or the more I read, I’ve discovered how absent strong Biblical teaching has been in my life. On the other hand, we have access to so many resources today that we’re not available a few years ago. One thought I’ve had is that we can get so fixed on a teaching or assumption that we fail to see how Scripture counters that belief. If I’m not confronted with my wrong assumption, I can get pretty foolish seeking information that confirms my bias. I certainly do not want to be gullible to my own thinking. 

“The gospel is this: We are more sinful and flawed in ourselves than we ever dared believe, yet at the very same time we are more loved and accepted in Jesus Christ than we ever dared hope.” - Timothy Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...