Thursday, July 6, 2023

Context 14

 “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭105‬ ‭

The lamp is brightest when it’s dark. God’s word shines in all corners, exposing the dirt and grime in my life. It knows me better than I know myself. Old baggage gets dug out of the dark attic, boxes of ugly memories are put under the light, and deep resentments are brought to light. I once thought that being in God’s word would bring perfection. Fat chance of ghat with the sin still hanging around. But fortunately, the light shows the next step on the path, and I’m not stuck in that dark stuffy room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody Prayed by Crowder

  Every night there by your bed You fold your hands and bow your head Throwing out another prayer in faith When you're wondering if He&#...