Thursday, September 21, 2023

Daniel 3

 Life is filled with so many factors that we cannot control. Danie and his friends had been taken captive, filling their minds with so much fear and uncertainty. The king wanted to completely change their identity, immersing them into a different way of thinking and living. Thankfully they had been parented well and resolved to not lose sight of who they were, despite their surroundings and intense training. I wonder if I truly have the passion, zeal, and energy to be like Daniel, committed to who God wants me to be, despite the pressures to live a casual, normal American Christian life. 

“I no longer need to carry the burden of the past on my shoulders, so I am free to fully give myself to what God has called me to in the here and now.” - Paul David Tripp, New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional


"Sometimes when we say we’re waiting on God, He's actually waiting on us."  - Bob Goff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...