Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Fear 3

 When I retired, it was during Covid isolation. One fear that struck me was that I’d be forgotten or not needed as a retiree. How self focused is that?  That look in the mirror showed me that I have a long way to go as I follow our Lord. He was showing me that I needed to shift my focus more on Him than I thought. But as one friend put it, God has trained you gor 40 plus years to dive into what God wants you to do now. I’ve prayed that I’d be more intentional with my family and that God would open doors for disciple making relationships….,and God is certainly faithful, listening to us, searching for open hearts. You are a part of my answer to prayer, Nick. My fear of.not being needed or fear of being forgotten has been met again with the awe of His love working nonstop, all the time, everywhere, anywhere. God’s love shown in you brings me to tears, Nick. 

I looked up the following in the Message translation:

“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don’t, dear friend, resent God’s discipline; don’t sulk under his loving correction. It’s the child he loves that God corrects; a father’s delight is behind all this.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬-‭12‬ ‭MSG‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 23-12

 Our weakness and inadequacies show us that we need His strength. The chaos and trauma of this world cannot be handled by ourselves. How can...