Monday, September 4, 2023

Trusting 10

 Joseph was ready to answer Pharaoh’s request, probably for a number of reasons. He wanted out of prison but he was in a rhythm of listening to God. Joseph was at peace with our Father and knew he needed to follow His lead. Yet he was restless to be obedient, having learned a great deal of wisdom from the pain of imprisonment. Do I have this mindset? Am I experiencing the calm presence of the Lord, yet restless a to follow His command?  Or am I coasting, comfortable where I’m at?  Ha we i trainees my rebellious spirit to not be selfish with who gets credit for what God is doing?

The church today has been compared to a football game with twenty-two people on the field in desperate need of rest, and fifty thousand people in the stands in desperate need of exercise.” - Greg Ogden, Transforming Discipleship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...