Sunday, September 3, 2023

Trusting 8

 It’s been difficult to retire from being an educator in the public school. I’m getting the hang of it but I miss the relationships with students and educators, being in the mix of the crisis of the day. But age and experience are related to the clock, which is a ruthless sobriety check. One fear when I retired was a fear of being forgotten, but I fully realize that life moves on.  Paul Welter, a UNK professor I was fortunate to know, said that different moments in our lives are like handling a package in a warehouse. It’s our responsibility to take good care of the package while it’s in our hands, and we let it go for the next person. Being forgotten may happen in earthly relationships, but we are promised that He will NEVER leave us or forsake us. Christ is closer than our closest friend, closer than our next breath. I want to have eyes wide open to what He wants to have happen in my life. The measure of life fulfillment is not in awards or earthly success, but in the influence we have in relationships. May we each impact eternity in our families, friends, and interaction with everyone, all the time. 

“Every believer or inquirer must be given the opportunity to be invited into a relationship of intimate trust that provides the opportunity to explore and apply God's Word within a setting of relational motivation, and finally, make a sober commitment to a covenant of accountability.” - Greg Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...