Thursday, October 26, 2023

Awaken 19

 Being bold in our faith should be Soirit driven. The times I’ve tried to be bold in my own strength has often flopped, making me look like I’m prideful. The reaction is ‘How do you think you are?’  But the times I’ve experienced His leading, despite not knowing what to say, yet words came out, resulting in greater joy and peace, bringing comfort to others. Being bold brings Him glory and honor, pointing others to His kingdom. Being bold on my own is an illusion of my own kingdom and arrogance. . Another thought is related to being with other Christians. If I’m afraid of what I saying the wrong thing, fearing that the other guy may think I’m wacky, perhaps the conversation doesn’t need any boldness, only patience. 

“Intimate, accountable relationship with other believers is the foundation for growing in discipleship.” - Greg Ogden, Transforming Discipleship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...