Monday, November 27, 2023

Advent 2

 Matthew was a changed man. He has worked for the Romans collecting taxes from his own people. Fellow Jews must have detested his work and had little trust in his credibility as a new follower of Jesus. But seeing and observing Matthew left no doubt that he was being transformed into a credible example of a true disciple of Jesus. I wonder if others view us as credible examples. Are we continually being transformed, moving away from the ways of this world?  Are we expecting His kingdom to take full residence in our lives? The more I grasp His love for me, I’m finding more issues that I need to let go, especially the things that I once thought were important  

“The Advent season is a season of waiting, but our whole life is an Advent season, that is, a season of waiting for the last Advent, for the time when there will be a new heaven and a new earth.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, God Is in the Manger: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 14

 We tend to think education. science, government or medicine will solve the world’s problems. But it seems that when some progress is being ...