Monday, November 27, 2023

Goliath 1

 Relying on Christ is a daily battle. Little by little I can wander off the course or I can develop a much closer and intimate relationship with Him. Reading God’s Word and praying is key but so is having conversations with others about faith. Talking it out with you, Michael, helps me to have greater courage, to defeat the temptations that arise, and to keep focused on Him. The giants of fear, anger, and self doubt have less influence because of of God’s presence demonstrated in God’s Word, in prayer, and in my healthy relationships.  I too battle the giant of self sufficiency which can be a huge idol of pride. God is showing me how much it really is a giant that needs to be defeated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 286

 Have you ever felt like a stranger in a crowd of people you knew?  I’ve experienced those feelings more than once. Being a foreigner, an ex...