Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Gratitude 2

 If you’re like me, I’ve usually had a vague sense of gratitude for my life. It doesn’t take long to look around to see that I’ve had a pretty cushy life. Compared to most anywhere, even our poorest U.S. residents have it better than other locations. My usual gratitude has often been wrinkled with grumbling and wanting more of what I think is scarce. But it’s not wise to be comparing myself to anyone.  The currency in God’s economy is grace. I don’t deserve anything that I have blessed with. My faint sense of thankfulness has been like a fog, but His light is showing me more and more of His intense love. The if we realized how much our Creator lives us, our own response to fall on our knees in humble thanks. 

“God dispenses gifts, not wages. None of us gets paid according to merit, for none of us comes close to satisfying God’s requirements for a perfect life. If paid on the basis of fairness, we would all end up in hell.” - Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace/Where is God When It Hurts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...