Monday, November 6, 2023

Made 10

 How could a person attend church and hear great sermons but miss the whole point of following Christ?  Why do we minimize the importance of practicing what we know to be true?  Do we nit expect God to work in and through us?  I have a lot of questions but few answers. For me, getting distracted with lesser things is a cover up to not surrendering to His authority in my heart. It’s not being vigilant, anticipating what He will show me about Himself. It’s being too self absorbed to consider how much He loves me. May we grow deeper in our especially and awe for God’s word and His kingdom. His righteousness supersedes any temporary pleasure that our culture offers us. 

J. I. Packer once noted that "a half-truth masquerading as the whole truth becomes a complete untruth." We can extend his logic. A half-kindness masquerading as the whole kindness becomes a complete unkindness.” - David A. Powlison, God's Grace in Your Suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...