Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Made 11

 Many ask ‘what’s my purpose?’what is God’s will for my life?’  I spent a lot of my early adult life pondering answers to these questions and have invested many hours listening to students wrestle with these issues. But Scripture has a lot to say about who we should be and why. The two greatest commands are foundational to living life yet many church goers minimize their importance. We can really get off track when we do not grasp His love and our response to love Him completely, followed by loving others. Instead of seeking His kingdom and His righteousness, we would rather build some illusion of our own kingdom. May we cheer each other on to glorify our Savior above all other priorities. 

We don’t just need a perspective or a strategy. We need a Savior, right here, right now……The Christian life is a lifelong “race of repentance,” but we want to have arrived already.” - David A. Powlison, Speaking Truth in Love: Counsel in Community

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...