Monday, November 27, 2023

Unity 1

 I do not invest nearly enough time in praise. I’m better than i was in the past for sure but I have a long way to go. One question or statement I try to ask is, “What will the Lord do in this issue.?  Let’s see where He leads.”  Much of my grumbling happens because I want control; I want things to go my way, leading to discouragement, division and doubt. 


Francis Chan - “Our lack of praise may actually be the biggest cause of our divisions. Once we stop worshipping, all hope for unity is lost. This is what unites us: we can’t stop talking about the treasure we have in Jesus. It’s hard to start an argument with someone who is on her knees shouting praises to Jesus, especially when you’re busy blessing the Lord as well. Many of our problems could be reconciled if we discussed our concerns on our knees before a Holy God. We can’t allow the Enemy or our enemies to interrupt our praise. Worship is our path to unity.” 

Another quote:   “It takes humility and grace to love others, but it also takes humility and grace to allow others to love us. The beautiful thing about a submissive spirit is that it can both give and receive to the glory of God.” - Warren W. Wiersbe, Be Transformed (John 13-21): Christ's Triumph Means Your Transformation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 14

 We tend to think education. science, government or medicine will solve the world’s problems. But it seems that when some progress is being ...