Saturday, December 9, 2023

Advent 14

 King Herod must have been a ruthless insecure cowardly leader. His insane murderous intent was matched with his deception and distortion of motives. He wanted absolute control of anything that would undermine his authority. I wonder how many times I have not faced up to my temptations to protect myself through a distortion of fact, or an enhancement of telling a story. But when we face the King of kings, every word and motive will be exposed. The more I grasp how much He loves us, why should I wait to get my life in line with His kingdom. 

“You see, the Advent story reminds us that our past, present, and future hope rest not on our willingness, but on the willingness of the One for whom the angels sang, the shepherds worshiped, and the magi searched. Willing Jesus is the only hope for unwilling sinners!” - Paul David Tripp, Come, Let Us Adore Him: A Daily Advent Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...