Monday, December 4, 2023

Christmas poem

 

Jesus, the Haven with Heavenly Names–an Isaiah 9:6 poem

Jesus,
miracle in a manger,
tiny fingers, precious toes–
You are my God delivered,
the promised hope
I have come to know. 

Jesus, Wonderful Counselor, 
constant companion,
knowledge beyond compare–
You are my wisest confidant,
the trusted guide through life
and its moments of despair.

Jesus, Mighty God,
awesome in power,
author of every life story–
You are my passionate creator,
the purpose and grace giver
so worthy of worship and glory.

Jesus, Everlasting Father,
timeless protector,
provider forever–
You are my welcoming family,
the permanent refuge where
I am strengthened and treasured.

Jesus, Prince of Peace,
abiding calm,
mediator above–
You are my unity with God,
the final sacrifice for sins,
his beacon of love. 

Jesus,
Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace–
You are my Savior,
the haven with heavenly names. 
“Glory to God!” the angels rejoice.
Hallelujah! Yes!
Let there be praise!

~Jamie Trunnel ©2021, ascripturedlife.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...