Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Courage

 “Let me use danger as material for courage”

 

Ukraine and Israel tensions. Inflation pressures. Polarization fatigue. Crime Craziness. Rising anxiety and depression. Lonliness epidemic.


Let us ask God to redeem our present challenges. The Scottish minister John Baillie prayed:


Let me use disappointment as material for patience;

Let me use success as material for thankfulness;

Let me use anxiety as material for perseverance;

Let me use danger as material for courage;

Let me use criticism as material for learning;

Let me use praise as material for humility;

Let me use pleasures as material for self-control;

Let me use pain as material for endurance.

Will you make his prayer your own today?


And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us (Hebrews 12:1b). The battle is before us. Let us foster the voice of the Spirit in us that says, “I will not stop.” Persevere my friends for we are members of the fellowship of the burning hearts.

Michael Sprague


No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...