Sunday, January 14, 2024

Bibke 1-15

Our authenticity of who we are comes out when we are faced with someone who has committed an offense against us. Fortunately my list is fairly short but my stomach tenses up if I must be around someone who has repeatedly been rude to me or who lives a life bulldozing over others. I do not like confrontation and would like to avoid these individuals, which doesn’t always work.  Jacob in the Old Testament was a manipulator but he was well trained by his uncle Laban and his mother. Yet God worked on him over to make him a leader. I’m sure God will continue to teach me to be merciful and a giver of grace to those who are difficult. It takes two to forgive each other but I want to be known as a person of peace rather than angry and divisive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...