Thursday, January 4, 2024

Defeating Anxiety 10

Much of my anxiety is related to a perceived idea that chaos and trauma are always ahead. But it seems that I’m always relearning a better perspective. I perpetually need to understand the sovereignty of God and His love is always present, no matter the circumstances.  Anxiety is often the consequence of perceived chaos and my lack of wisdom. Life is designed to bring us to our knees in worship, discovering how much He loves us. If I think I’m the victim of unseen, turbulent, random forces, I’m troubled, disappointed and discouraged. If I’m relying on His provision, I have hope  

We rest in him, find our nourishment in him. His roof of grace protects us from storms of guilt. His walls of providence secure us from destructive winds. His fireplace warms us during the lonely winters of life. We linger in the abode of Christ and never leave.” - Max Lucado, Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...