Thursday, January 4, 2024

New Year 1

 How did 2023 go for you?  If you’re like me, I tend to over think what I coulda, shoulda, woulda done if only… and my thoughts go down another rabbit trail. But I’m wondering if I need to readjust my perspective. 2023 was not about what I got done, but how much closer I walked with the One who matters most. Did I worship Him with the way I talked and behaves?  Did I learn to love the difficult people in my life?  Weee my eyes and ears open to where God is working?  Sis I sent myself and surrender to His leading?  Am I experiencing more joy, peace, and contentment because of His leading?  

Honestly facing your lack of sovereignty over your own life produces either anxiety or relief. Anxiety is God-forgetting. It is the result of thinking that is life is on your shoulders, that it is your job to figure it all out and keep things in order.” - Paul David Tripp, New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...