Monday, February 26, 2024

Bible 58

 I’m re-learning the fact that we can never exhaust our study of the Creator, nor will we have complete answers to the most perplexing questions. God is God and I’m not. I’ve spent far too much time minimizing how great He is and reduces my need to worship Him to a few seconds of prayer or by checking the box of good deeds once in a while. The first few sentences of Nicky’s comments jumped out at me: 

“God cannot fit into our plans, we must fit into his,’ writes Eugene Peterson. ‘We can’t use God – God is not a tool or appliance or credit card.”

I’m praying that our live will be marked by love, tolerance, discipline, peace, and faithfulness. The more I grasp His faithfulness, the more faith filled I will be. A holy life is seeking to do what Jesus would do in my situations, rather than trying to promote my importance. I have a long way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...