Thursday, February 29, 2024

Bible 62

 I’ve felt uncomfortable praying in public, even though I’ve been asked to do so. But I’m learning to practice God’s presence by praying throughout the day with short prayers similar to what Nicky talks about. I’m hoping that a rhythm of prayer, or a natural habit will eventually become a reality. It’s hard to devote long stretches of time to prayer. Maybe I have a short attention span. But learning to be grateful with words, worshipping God for the beauty of creation, or for His protection have been helpful. Confessing my weaknesses, insecurities, or the uncertainty of the day get me in the mood to pray. Asking for wisdom and a peaceful attitude are daily reminders to depend on Him, not myself. I’m thinking that if we met Jesus for coffee, He would ask “Why don’t you talk to me throughout the day?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...