Thursday, March 7, 2024

Bible 68

 I’ve re-read Psalm 31:14-15 several times in the past:

“But I trust in you, O LORD;

        I say, “You are my God.” 

My times are in your hand;

 rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!”

These verses have been very helpful several times when each of our sons experiences a crisis or when I’ve been very uncertain about what decision to make. Jesus faces the worst of what anyone could experience and He was in great turmoil, yet He said ‘not My will but Your will be done.’  Doing the right thing and believing the right stuff are no guarantees to an easy life. Who knows what the future holds but we have an eternal perspective that gives us great wisdom for short term goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...