Sunday, March 24, 2024

Path 5

 The authority of Jesus is clearly displayed in the last days of His life. He even knew that the upper room would be the place to celebrate the Passover, and direct Judas to begin what He was destined for. The tense emotional atmosphere in the upper room had to impact each disciple. We may never know what the motivation was for Judas to sell himself out for a few coins. Peter probably remembered Jesus’s words in the upper room within seconds of denying Christ. I pray that our faithfulness to Jesus will intensify as we worship Him this Easter. 

Matthew was looking at himself and thinking: “I hope He’s not talking about me. Maybe He is.” The one whom Jesus loved said, “Not me Lord, please.” They did not know. Do you know, when push comes to shove, whether you will stand with Jesus or love this world more? One by one, they each asked the question. The only one sure it would not be him was Simon, but we must deal with that question later, because his confidence was not valid. Judas said, “Is it I?” Jesus said: “Yes. Go, hurry up. Get out of here.” - R.C. Sproul 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...